2011年1月26日 星期三

The story of Abraham (1)

26.Jan.2011

For Europe Prayer Group:

Gen 12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you.

Gen 12:2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.

Gen 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." 


Here is the beginning of the story of Abraham, our father of faith (Rom.4:11-12). The story begins by God’s calling to Abraham. Just as God always does, he is active and likes to speak to his children. He said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you.” Where should I go, you may ask? “To the land that I will show you.” You don’t have to worry where you go, just do it!

We always worry about our grades, our future, our job…etc. Sometimes we worry about where we go, where we live, where we stay. But God said to Abraham, “to the land that I will show you.” Don’t worry too much, you just go. Once you really have an action, the path will be shown to you. Faith is not the thing just staying and waiting, faith is always presenting by the believers’ actions!

God will give Abraham full blessings: (1) I will make of you a great nation, (2) I will bless you, (3) I will make your name great, (4) You will be a blessing, (5) I will bless those who bless you, (6) I will curse those who dishonors you, (7) In you all the families of the earth shall be blessed. Seven blessings, complete and full blessings! God is glad to give his children blessings if you follow his words. Abraham will not gain these blessings unless he departed from his land. God also wants to give us blessings, but we have to depart from our old-self.

God’s blessings are things that are somehow difficult to see. People easily tend to believe things which can be seen. However, God wants us to believe those are difficult to see. These blessings of God are sure, but are unseen. Will you try to believe?

Gen 12:4 So Abram went, as the LORD had told him…

Abraham truly believed! Not only believing, but also doing! He went, as the LORD had told him! “By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going (Heb 11:8).” Not knowing where he was going, but he went! That is the start of faith!

-------

沒有留言:

張貼留言